Welcome to Dunston’s Library’s Homepage. My name is Mrs. Bailey. I earned my B.A. in Political Science from the College of Charleston and Master's Degree in Library and Information Science from the University of South Carolina. This is my third year at Dunston and I am enjoying every minute of it! Prior to coming to Dunston, I was the Media Specialist at Cottageville Elementary School for 7 years.
The main mission of our library is to create a community of life-long learners by providing materials and resources for all levels of readers and broad ranges of interests. We strive to help students learn to read for enjoyment and knowledge and to give teachers the materials they need to meet the requirements of the curriculum. During Library Class, I make every effort to:
- Reinforce the standards being taught in the classroom
- Expose the students to a variety of information, nonfiction and fiction, via multimedia lesson plans
- Introduce the students to a new ideas that foster a love of learning
Library Check Out Procedures
With the exception of CD classes, students come to library once a week with their class for 40 minutes. They check out books every other week, on “B” week. We do not charge overdue fees. However, at the end of the school year, any books that have not been returned will be considered lost. A lost book fee will be charged.
- CD students do not check out books.
- Beginning in January, Kindergarten checks out one book.
- First Grade checks out one book.
- Second and third grade check out two books.
The 2013-14 CCSD School Library Media
Policy and Procedures Manual is available in the Media Center.